referencing MetaBuilders.WebControls_v0.9.4 in VS2003

Dec 19, 2007 at 11:53 AM
Edited Dec 19, 2007 at 1:09 PM
I am having problems with the LinkList control - although my application is written using ASP.NET in VS2003 it is running on a server under ASP.NET 2.0

I tried upgrading to the latest MetaBuilders.WebControls_v0.9.4 library, but VS2003 won't let me reference it - says it's illegal...

Basically I need the l.net 1.1 version of the listlink control working under .net 2.0

If I try to use the "old" veriosn under 2.0 it works on my dev machine, but on the web server I get an error saying "the assembly does not allow partially trusted callers"

Am I missing something?

Thanks...
Jan 9, 2008 at 6:40 AM
What do you mean by your dev machine. Is this the computer running the website in IIS. If so then I would say you have IIS set to still use .netframework version 1.1. If you change this to V2.0. I would say you will get the same error.

If you download the new code for MetaBuilder and replace the .dll in the bin folder, then all should work again.

Hope this helps.
Jan 9, 2008 at 8:01 AM
My dev machine is running XP Pro and IIS 6.0 - the webserver Windows Server 2003 and also 11s 6.0 - and both versions of the site are running under .NET 2.0.

As my website is built using VS2003 I cannot import/reference the latest dll into it, as (I presume) it has been built using a later version.... I guess I was hoping there might be a quick fix to the 1.1 version that would allow it run succesfully in the .NET 2.0 environment....

Ah well... ta.
Apr 23, 2008 at 12:39 AM
Still problems with this - is there a reason why a version (at least) of the DLLs cannot be compiled to allow partially trusted callers? As it is, the controls are rendered useless on certain ISP's, who have their servers set up so as not to allow this.