SelectorField control not available on ASPX page?

May 10, 2008 at 11:35 PM
Hello,
I'm trying to use the SelectorField in an .aspx page and can't figure out how to implement it in my gridview's TemplateField column. After registering the assembly, I can see most of the MetaBuilders.WebControls in IntelliSense on the aspx page, but I can't see any of the controls that are inherited from System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataControlField (like SelectorField, BooleanField and LookupField). (I am able to instantiate a SelectorField within my code-behind file but I would really like to be able to use SelectorField in the .aspx page. )

Here is my code:

(web.config)
          <add tagPrefix="mb" namespace="MetaBuilders.WebControls" assembly="MetaBuilders.WebControls"/>

(aspx page)
    <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" >
        <Columns>
            <asp:BoundField DataField="BlacklistUrlId" HeaderText="Id" SortExpression="Id"></asp:BoundField>
            <asp:TemplateField>
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <mb:SelectorField SelectionMode="Multiple" AutoPostBack="false" Visible="true"/>
                </ItemTemplate>
            </asp:TemplateField>

Can anyone please tell me if there is something I'm missing about how to use this control? An example page would be extremely helpful!

Many thanks,

Terry
May 14, 2008 at 12:22 AM
finally figured it out - SelectorField belongs at the column level, not within a TemplateField like most of the other MetaBuilder.WebControls...